My Top Ten iPhone Apps
So I was thinking about how cool iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad apps have gotten. I know everyone and their Grandmother now has an iProduct (including my own grandma-iPhone and MacBook). But nonetheless, It’s pretty amazing that over the past few years, we’ve seen such an explosion of creativity and innovation for several mobile platforms, most significantly the iOS platform. After being stuck with a very stable, jailbroken 2.1 firmware on my iPhone 2g for a couple of years, I decided it was time to upgrade to jailbroken 3.0. I found so many new cool apps. However, I’m too cheap to buy apps, so here’s a list of my favorite free iPhone apps. (I did include some paid ones at the end because they are probably cool enough to buy…even for a cheapo like me-however, I can’t say that I purchased them legally).
10) Angry Birds Lite - If you haven’t checked out this app yet, then just do it. You may begin to listen to real birds in a different way.
9) Words with Friends - Playing scrabble with real people online. Enough said.
8) Chess with Friends - Playing chess with real people online. Enough said.
7) Google Voice - Nice free service from Google to communicate via text or phone. Also lets you forward all numbers to one number. Reads your voicemail to you in nice soothing woman voice.
6) Cut the Rope Lite - Crazy cool physics. Very fun. Would buy the full version.
5) Pandora - I like mobile Pandora because it hasn’t been infested with ads between every two songs.
4) MLB at Bat - I like baseball. I like following my San Francisco Giants World Series Championship team. I also like following pitch-by-pitch graphics with location, velocity and play-by-play on the radio. I pretend I’m Bruce Bochy sometimes while I watch the games with MLB at Bat for iPad.
3) NASA - Lots of cool stuff about space. Far out images. Literally.
2) The Elements - I’m no scientist, but I find it interesting to look at the Periodic Table with super nice graphics and lots of cool facts about the building blocks of the universe.
1) NY Times - For some reason, a lot of people think print journalism is dying. I read somewhere that an editor at the Times said their print subscribers were “stupid” for doing so and almost got fired. But yeah, print is dying. The iPhone app and the iPad app are both so much more accessible than a fat paper.
9. Siopao (bola bola)
OMG. Whenever I sink my teeth into a fresh, warm steamed bun, I get so excited that I often forget to peel off the paper on the underside. I love pouring the sauce on every bite.
10. Chicken Teriyaki
I love my chicken teriyaki. I can eat it all the time. Just the thought of that tangy sweet sauce makes my mouth water.
Top 10 Favorite Foods
In light of the top 10 trend that has been going around, I have decided to compile a list of my top 10 favorite foods. While this list might be crude to some gourmands out there, keep in mind, I am usually easy to please when it comes to food.
I chose the foods based on a criteria consisting of:
b) Repeat edibility
In other words how long can I go without thinking about the food and giving into an insatiable craving for it.
-stolen from mikey’s tumblr
I woke up this morning to the sound of rain pelting the roof and wind knocking the fence gate next to my room. I started counting from the time I saw flashes of lightning to the low thunderous rumble of thunder—20 seconds or so—which meant the storm was 20 or so miles away. I also could hear the airplanes making their ascent into the sky on their alternate paths that they take when it rains.
When I finally woke up and got out of bed, I realized I had class so I hopped into the shower and drove to school. When I got there, the lot was nearly empty, atypical of the first day of the semester. I then saw a sign that read, “School closed 1/19/10”. I was a little angry because I was still groggy and I had just driven in the rain for no reason. I guess I should have checked my e-mail because a notice had been sent out at 8 am that there was no power at the school.
Ah, well. An extra day of sleep never hurt anyone…so I went home and hopped back into bed and enjoyed a 4 hr nap. :)
I can’t believe we’re already halfway through January. This year has been going by pretty quickly. 2010 will be over before we know it. I hope you all have a happy new year and get everything you ever wanted.